National Preparedness Month: Make a Plan
September is National Preparedness month and this years theme is "Disasters Don’t Wait. Make Your Plan Today."
Here's the thing, it’s just not a high priority to many people because we really don’t believe a disaster will happen to us. We are all guilty of this. However, in our work, we see the reality of what a fire or flooding disaster can inflict on a family.
So, please take the time to make a plan – especially those with children, disabled and elderly family members in your home.
Start the conversation over dinner. Discuss what kind of emergencies could possibly happen that would require a plan. What if a storm comes while your children are at school? What if there is a fire in your house? Or their school bus has an accident? It’s important to empower children with the knowledge of what your families plan is without scaring them. An excellent guide to assist you in achieving this is available at ready.gov/kids.
Practice your fire escape plan by having a home fire drill at least twice a year with everyone in the home. Don’t forget to include your pets in this exercise, as they will be a concern if an actual event happens. You can practice evacuating in your car as well. Many people have “bug out bags” with basic supplies ready in case of emergency.
We love the technology that is available to help in disasters. There are group texting apps that can be downloaded that will keep your family and circle of friends easily in contact in case of an emergency. You can also download the FEMA app, which will give you weather alerts and necessary emergency updates.
If you have a person in your home who relies on electrical medical equipment, contact your power company to get on a “priority reconnection service” list.
Look, it takes a few hours every year to work on your plan so set the time aside this week and practice!
Board Up and Tarping in the New Haven County Area
Whenever a storm hits, we are here to help.
If your property has been damaged by severe weather such as a snowstorm, high winds or flooding, it can be devastating to your family or business. To get the complex storm damage repair completed quickly and safely, you need a restoration service company that specializes in bringing your home back to its preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford provides specialized emergency cleanup and restoration services to bring your property back to normal with minimal interruption. We can handle any damage due to severe weather, including:
- Lightning strikes
- Tornadoes and high winds
- Hail and ice storms
- Freezing weather and ice dams
SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford is available 24/7 to restore your home or business.
Whatever wind or water damage you have experienced, we are fully equipped to help. Contact us for:
- Water, wind and storm damage repair
- Emergency tarping and board up
- Emergency heat and generators during restoration
- Reconstruction services
- Insurance claim assistance
If your property has experienced damage from a storm, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford.
Hurricane Season is Here
It’s just August and we’ve already experienced our first tropical storm which caused significant wind damage here in the New Haven area.
It caught many of us off-guard and we weren’t prepared for the power outages (how many of us still working from home were affected by the loss of internet and cell service?)
With a few more months of hurricane season ahead of us, take the time now to prepare for the next storm.
Before the Hurricane:
- Create or Replenish Your Emergency Kit. Ready.gov recommends these items for every household.
- Find out whether your property is flood-prone due to its elevation level and consider flood insurance if you are at risk.
- Store copies of important documents, such as proof of ownership of any property and identification, as well as insurance policy information in your emergency kit.
- Back up the data on your electronic devices to ensure it’s secure if your computer or other devices are damaged during the hurricane.
Get your property ready:
- Secure your roof. Check your roof for any loose shingles
- Maintain gutters and downspouts. Clean your gutters and downspouts regularly to prevent clogs.
- Secure your windows. For homes in CT, Installing plywood is a good temporary protection for your windows.
- Trim trees and shrubs. Loose branches in your yard (and neighborhood) could be struck by powerful winds during a storm, damaging your house.
- Secure loose objects. Your yard may also host objects that could become projectiles in high winds. Bring loose objects such as potted plants and lawn furniture inside and tie down larger items- such as trampolines and swingsets.
- Charge your cell phone to have a full battery if the power goes out.
- Turn your refrigerator to the coldest setting so that food lasts longer during a power outage.
- Take a trip to the gas station and fill up your cars as well as emergency fuel for your generator.
After the Hurricane
- Be cautious of floodwater: it may also can contain contaminants, dangerous debris or downed power lines.
- Contact your insurance company for assistance and take pictures of damaged property.
- Don’t touch wet electrical equipment
- Throw out food that has been exposed to floodwaters or have not been maintained at a proper temperature. When in doubt, throw it out.
- Don’t drink tap water if you’re not sure it’s safe.
SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford specializes in storm damage clean-up.
Our 24 hour Emergency Services Team is ready to come board up or tarp up your damaged home or business. From water damage restoration to rebuilding your home after the storm, we are THE team to call after a hurricane damages your home.
Why SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford?
When you've experienced flooding or a fire in your home or business, you may do a Google search and see a long list of restoration companies advertising their services.
You might find yourself wondering how to choose a restoration specialist.
We know that New Haven area home and business owners have a choice when they have a mold, fire or water disaster. Our reputation as a local company who will not consider the job complete until our customers are satisfied is what makes us stand out among the rest. What you will find sets us apart is that if a customer has a concern, we will work with them to make sure any problems are resolved.
We are locally owned by Greg Geaski, who also owns SERVPRO of Newtown and Southern Litchfield County and SERVPRO of Southbury/Torrington. Greg is a Connecticut native who has lived here his entire life and is part of our community. Greg has owned SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford for over a decade and has made his commitment to the community and customer satisfaction the cornerstone value of this franchise.
When a leader has a clear focus and commitment, the people he hires will also. Our property managers, office staff and technicians are all held to a high standard of accountability and reliability and are expected to give 100% on every job.
Our team meets (and often exceeds!) that expectation. Our customers often let us know how impressed they are with the level of service and attention to detail that they have received.
“We received excellent service from SERVPRO when our basement flooded, starting with the initial call to the onsite services. They were very informative on the phone with the services that would be provided and communicated with us throughout the entire process to not only set expectations appropriately but to make sure we knew when the team would be arriving. Can’t say enough good things about our experience!"
“Had mold and damage from pipe leak inside a wall. Matthew came out Sunday morning to assess damage and Edwin was here Monday morning to start remediation. Everyone is very professional and knowledgeable and great work done. Made this situation a lot less stressful. Would definitely recommend.”
“I will happily recommend Mario Marcati. My parents are Senior Citizens and had a big mold problem in their basement. I called SERVPRO and Mario came right out and found the problem. As this was the first time that I had ever had to deal with a problem of this magnitude Mario's guidance was invaluable.”
Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction and we stand by that.
The SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford team has specialized training and over 30 years of experience in storm damage restoration, water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, mold remediation, commercial services and duct cleaning services.
Call us at (203) 301-0500 if you need restoration or cleaning work done in your Oxford area home.
Make the List: Inventory Your Home to Simplify Insurance Claims
One of the of the best pieces of advice that we can give homeowners is to take a full inventory of their household contents. Most of us have a house full of belongings that we have accumulated over a lifetime which have both sentimental and monetary value. If you experience a theft or home disaster due to a storm, it may be difficult to recall every item in your home that may be missing.
By taking an inventory of your home, you will simplify your life in a number of ways. If there is a theft in your home or a water or fire loss, having an accurate accounting of your belongings will make your insurance claim much easier. Not only is keeping track of your things difficult under normal circumstances, if you have had a tragic event, your emotional state might make the ability to recall things even harder. An accurate list, with photos and values included, will help both you and your insurance company streamline the process of reimbursement of your losses.
Having a detailed list will also assist you in determining how much insurance coverage is needed to adequately protect you. If your home has been affected by a weather-related disaster such as a tornado or a hurricane and are eligible for assistance or a tax break, keeping an inventory can be beneficial.
When making a household contents inventory list, include both new and inherited items. Don’t forget to include items found in your shed or garage – the value of lawn tools can add up! We recommend going room by room as you add items to the list. Take photos of each item and include these in your document. If you have a receipt for valuable items, scan it as well and include the copy on your list. The same should be done with any items that you have had appraised.
Make sure that you will have access to your list in the event that your computer is damaged or not accessible after the water damage. Although a hard drive or memory card could be used as a backup, they are also at risk of being destroyed. The best option is to keep your inventory list on the cloud or other external storage site.
Taking an inventory of your household items will give you peace of mind. It can be done in a day and then simply added to if you purchase or are gifted new items. Preparedness is the key step for recovering from a disaster smoothly. And while you have done your part, SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford will do ours. Whether you have a flooded basement due to storm water, broken glass from a theft or water damage because your roof was damaged when a tree fell on your home, our team will clean it up and help you get back to your normal life.
Why Do New Haven County Property Managers Choose Us?
We know that when a property manager has damage to one of their buildings, they need professional help immediately. The SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford team is well-versed in mitigating water, mold, sewage and fire damage in commercial structures. We are available 24-7 and can arrive quickly to maintain the safety and security of your tenants and their homes.
The damage to apartment and condominium complexes in the Milford area is typically a result of a kitchen fire, burst pipe, sewage back up or an appliance leak. One burned pot in an apartment can easily cause widespread smoke damage to multiple homes as well as the shared hallways. A refrigerator line leak or overflowing toilet will quickly affect the apartments below. And if gone unchecked, mold growth can become widespread – especially if its growth is due to a slow leak in a pipe behind shared walls.
As a property manager, you maintain your buildings and try to get ahead of potential problems however there will always be an unexpected event that creates a need for restoration work. That’s where SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford comes in. We understand that you have a duty to your tenants and we work to keep them in their homes if possible and restore their lives back to normal in a professional and efficient manner.
You have enough on your plate – you don’t need to have the burden of worrying whether your restoration work is being done correctly. Property managers in New Haven County know that our team is fully trained, work professionally and respectfully and that we stand by our work. That’s why they call us time and time again for their water, fire and mold restoration needs.
Just as your clients depend on you to keep them safe, you can depend on us to properly restore your building.
Letter From a Customer
Brenda Roze joined our team as our Reconstruction Project Manager this past year.
We understand that when we are hired by a homeowner who has experienced disaster, they are placing their trust in us and we take that responsibility seriously. Sure, we can tell you about our work ethic and commitment to our customers, but it's so much better to hear it from them directly.
We recently received the following letter from one of our customers after he experienced massive water damage to his home.
“June 16, 2020
I never, ever, complete public reviews of anything however for the benefit of anyone experiencing a near tragic loss I must share my highest level of recommendation for franchise owner/general contractor Greg Geaski and his kitchen designer/project manager Brenda Roze of specifically SERVPRO Milford-Orange-Stratford.
Greg is a gentleman; honest, competent, easy to communicate and work with, delivers what he promises, and consequently an excellent businessman.
Brenda is creative, informs you with current trends, her ideas and opinions, asks good questions, listens and never pressures you with her preferences.
I experienced my home’s 3 levels being flooded, disheartening service from another franchise, and a rejected insurance claim. Subsequently my new and knowledgeable insurance broker Dennis Haylon referred me to Greg who not only rebuilt my home but also recommended public adjuster Steve Dillman who achieved approval of my insurance claim.
Not all franchises are the same so specifically work with Greg Geaski owner of SERVPRO Milford-Orange-Stratford."
Fairfield County CT
Feedback like this means everything to us!
We are grateful to be under the leadership of Greg and have such a talented Project Manager such as Brenda on our team. Brenda joined our team last year as our Reconstruction Project Manager. Her skill, personality and approach to her work make her a perfect fit for our company.
If you've had an experience with SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford, let us know! We'd love to hear from you!
Grilling Tips To Keep Your Independence Day Celebration Safe!
Finally! Summer is arriving and we are all excited for barbecues, the beach, camping and fireworks. Nothing says summer like late nights around a fire pit with friends. Summer brings fun activities but we should also be aware of the increased risk of fire during these months. Awareness of the risks and taking caution when participating in fire related activities will keep your summer safe.
Grilling is our favorite way to cook in the summer. Barbecued food tastes delicious, grilling keeps the heat outside on a hot summer day and there are no pots to clean afterwards. It's a win-win-win if it all goes right. However, 5,700 home related grill fires occur each year – the majority of which occur between May and August.
Take preventative measures by:
- Inspecting your grill’s condition before the grilling season begins. Clean the grill, the drip pan, and anything that could have grease on it from previous barbecue dinners. Inspect each part of your barbecue to make sure everything is attached properly.
- Make sure that your grill is a safe distance from your house – 10 feet is recommended. I've personally experienced how quickly the vinyl siding on a home can melt from a barbecue. Do not use the grill in a garage, breezeway, carport, porch, or under a surface that can catch fire.
- Be prepared for a fire, as grease and fat are likely to catch on fire. Keep baking soda in a waterproof container near the grill in case a grease fire breaks out.
Air Conditioning Fires
According to the National Fire Protection Association, in 2010, air conditioning, fans or related equipment were involved in an estimated 7,400 reported U.S. home structure fires, with associated losses of 29 civilian deaths, 249 civilian injuries and $207 million in direct property damage. These fires usually begin with the ignition of a wire or cable insulation. It’s not just the AC that catches on fire, if your AC heats up, flammable materials near your unit can catch on fire. Fires are most likely to occur when it’s hottest outside—between 2 and 8 p.m.
- Inspect your air conditioner’s wiring systems each year to prevent these types of fires. Consider the safety concerns of purchasing an older or used air conditioning unit.
- Also, find ways to use the AC less during the day. Not only will you save money, you can save your home from a potential fire. Using fans, keeping windows open during the night, and closing blinds during the day are just some ways you can keep your house cool without AC.
We're looking forward to seeing everyone out at the beach and grilling out in Milford this summer! Stay safe and have fun!
Wet Documents? We Can Help!
When flooding occurs at a commercial property, not only is the structure at risk, but the contents are often damaged. When our team arrives at a business in which papers have been damaged, we act immediately to begin the drying process. Using state of the art technology, SERVPRO is well equipped to properly dry and recover paper goods ranging from paper files to books to x-rays and photos.
Why use SERVPRO of Milford-Orange Stratford for document restoration?
Our document restoration technicians use the latest vacuum free-drying method in addition to gamma irradiation technology for sterilizing. The SERVPRO document restoration team has the capacity to handle large scale commercial losses and smaller residential jobs.
Freezing Your Documents
SERVPRO uses vacuum freeze-drying to achieve sublimation, which is a process where the moisture in an object is frozen and dried by being converted directly into a gas (bypassing the liquid stage) by using various vacuums and pressures. This process avoids additional damage that water would create.
Yes, in these days of technology, many documents are digitally stored however in most commercial buildings there are always paper documents that have no copy. In those cases, we are here to help.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.