Why Do New Haven County Property Managers Choose Us?
We know that when a property manager has damage to one of their buildings, they need professional help immediately. The SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford team is well-versed in mitigating water, mold, sewage and fire damage in commercial structures. We are available 24-7 and can arrive quickly to maintain the safety and security of your tenants and their homes.
The damage to apartment and condominium complexes in the Milford area is typically a result of a kitchen fire, burst pipe, sewage back up or an appliance leak. One burned pot in an apartment can easily cause widespread smoke damage to multiple homes as well as the shared hallways. A refrigerator line leak or overflowing toilet will quickly affect the apartments below. And if gone unchecked, mold growth can become widespread – especially if its growth is due to a slow leak in a pipe behind shared walls.
As a property manager, you maintain your buildings and try to get ahead of potential problems however there will always be an unexpected event that creates a need for restoration work. That’s where SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford comes in. We understand that you have a duty to your tenants and we work to keep them in their homes if possible and restore their lives back to normal in a professional and efficient manner.
You have enough on your plate – you don’t need to have the burden of worrying whether your restoration work is being done correctly. Property managers in New Haven County know that our team is fully trained, work professionally and respectfully and that we stand by our work. That’s why they call us time and time again for their water, fire and mold restoration needs.
Just as your clients depend on you to keep them safe, you can depend on us to properly restore your building.
Letter From a Customer
Brenda Roze joined our team as our Reconstruction Project Manager this past year.
We understand that when we are hired by a homeowner who has experienced disaster, they are placing their trust in us and we take that responsibility seriously. Sure, we can tell you about our work ethic and commitment to our customers, but it's so much better to hear it from them directly.
We recently received the following letter from one of our customers after he experienced massive water damage to his home.
“June 16, 2020
I never, ever, complete public reviews of anything however for the benefit of anyone experiencing a near tragic loss I must share my highest level of recommendation for franchise owner/general contractor Greg Geaski and his kitchen designer/project manager Brenda Roze of specifically SERVPRO Milford-Orange-Stratford.
Greg is a gentleman; honest, competent, easy to communicate and work with, delivers what he promises, and consequently an excellent businessman.
Brenda is creative, informs you with current trends, her ideas and opinions, asks good questions, listens and never pressures you with her preferences.
I experienced my home’s 3 levels being flooded, disheartening service from another franchise, and a rejected insurance claim. Subsequently my new and knowledgeable insurance broker Dennis Haylon referred me to Greg who not only rebuilt my home but also recommended public adjuster Steve Dillman who achieved approval of my insurance claim.
Not all franchises are the same so specifically work with Greg Geaski owner of SERVPRO Milford-Orange-Stratford."
Fairfield County CT
Feedback like this means everything to us!
We are grateful to be under the leadership of Greg and have such a talented Project Manager such as Brenda on our team. Brenda joined our team last year as our Reconstruction Project Manager. Her skill, personality and approach to her work make her a perfect fit for our company.
If you've had an experience with SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford, let us know! We'd love to hear from you!
Grilling Tips To Keep Your Independence Day Celebration Safe!
Finally! Summer is arriving and we are all excited for barbecues, the beach, camping and fireworks. Nothing says summer like late nights around a fire pit with friends. Summer brings fun activities but we should also be aware of the increased risk of fire during these months. Awareness of the risks and taking caution when participating in fire related activities will keep your summer safe.
Grilling is our favorite way to cook in the summer. Barbecued food tastes delicious, grilling keeps the heat outside on a hot summer day and there are no pots to clean afterwards. It's a win-win-win if it all goes right. However, 5,700 home related grill fires occur each year – the majority of which occur between May and August.
Take preventative measures by:
- Inspecting your grill’s condition before the grilling season begins. Clean the grill, the drip pan, and anything that could have grease on it from previous barbecue dinners. Inspect each part of your barbecue to make sure everything is attached properly.
- Make sure that your grill is a safe distance from your house – 10 feet is recommended. I've personally experienced how quickly the vinyl siding on a home can melt from a barbecue. Do not use the grill in a garage, breezeway, carport, porch, or under a surface that can catch fire.
- Be prepared for a fire, as grease and fat are likely to catch on fire. Keep baking soda in a waterproof container near the grill in case a grease fire breaks out.
Air Conditioning Fires
According to the National Fire Protection Association, in 2010, air conditioning, fans or related equipment were involved in an estimated 7,400 reported U.S. home structure fires, with associated losses of 29 civilian deaths, 249 civilian injuries and $207 million in direct property damage. These fires usually begin with the ignition of a wire or cable insulation. It’s not just the AC that catches on fire, if your AC heats up, flammable materials near your unit can catch on fire. Fires are most likely to occur when it’s hottest outside—between 2 and 8 p.m.
- Inspect your air conditioner’s wiring systems each year to prevent these types of fires. Consider the safety concerns of purchasing an older or used air conditioning unit.
- Also, find ways to use the AC less during the day. Not only will you save money, you can save your home from a potential fire. Using fans, keeping windows open during the night, and closing blinds during the day are just some ways you can keep your house cool without AC.
We're looking forward to seeing everyone out at the beach and grilling out in Milford this summer! Stay safe and have fun!
Wet Documents? We Can Help!
When flooding occurs at a commercial property, not only is the structure at risk, but the contents are often damaged. When our team arrives at a business in which papers have been damaged, we act immediately to begin the drying process. Using state of the art technology, SERVPRO is well equipped to properly dry and recover paper goods ranging from paper files to books to x-rays and photos.
Why use SERVPRO of Milford-Orange Stratford for document restoration?
Our document restoration technicians use the latest vacuum free-drying method in addition to gamma irradiation technology for sterilizing. The SERVPRO document restoration team has the capacity to handle large scale commercial losses and smaller residential jobs.
Freezing Your Documents
SERVPRO uses vacuum freeze-drying to achieve sublimation, which is a process where the moisture in an object is frozen and dried by being converted directly into a gas (bypassing the liquid stage) by using various vacuums and pressures. This process avoids additional damage that water would create.
Yes, in these days of technology, many documents are digitally stored however in most commercial buildings there are always paper documents that have no copy. In those cases, we are here to help.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Do you need flood protection for your commercial property?
Do you need flood protection for your commercial property?
If you own a commercial property on the CT shoreline, you may be concerned about flooding and for good reason. The majority of general commercial insurance policies exclude damage caused by flooding. If your insurance policy does not cover ground flooding, consider whether you may need to add the coverage. There are a number of reasons why flood insurance for your commercial property is a good idea.
- Is your business located on a flood plain? The Federal Emergency Management Agency maintains flood maps that can help business owners determine whether a commercial building is located in an area prone to flooding. Most insurance providers define a flood as water damage that originates from outside water sources such as rain or rising bodies of water
- Are you a “better safe than sorry” business owner? Even if you are not in a flood plain, there may be a reasonable risk of flooding at your commercial building. According to FEMA, the average flood insurance claim is approximately $33,000 and total property damage due to flooding tops $6 billion every year. Because flooding can happen, you may choose to purchase insurance “just in case”.
- Is your mortgage federally regulated or insured? Owners of property located in a flood zone with mortgages regulated or insured by the federal government are required to purchase and maintain flood coverage. Contact an insurance agent that offers NFIP policies or add a flood endorsement or rider to a general commercial insurance policy.
- Mold and Other Secondary Damage In addition to excluding flooding, most standard commercial property policies also cut out coverage for any secondary damage that results from this uncovered peril. Without a flood policy, it may be more difficult or prohibitively expensive to pursue mitigation and restoration. As a result, a structure may be prone to mold growth.
Not only can flooding at your New Haven County business cause damage that requires what can be costly restoration, it can also force you to close your doors while the work is being done.
Considering if your business requires additional flood insurance coverage now will help you later.
After the Storm: Board Ups, Water Damage Restoration and Repairs
If you have been hit hard by mother nature, call our office at 203) 301-0500 for immediate service.
If your property has been damaged by severe weather such as a high winds, heavy rain or flooding, it can be devastating to your family or business. To get the complex storm damage repair completed quickly and safely, you need a restoration service company that specializes in bringing your home back to its preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford provides specialized emergency cleanup and restoration services to bring your property back to normal with minimal interruption. We can handle any damage due to severe weather, including:
- Lightning strikes
- Tornadoes and high winds
- Hail and ice storms
- Freezing weather and ice dams
SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford is available 24/7 to restore your home or business.
Whatever wind or water damage you have experienced, we are fully equipped to help. Contact us for:
- Water, wind and storm damage repair
- Emergency tarping and board up
- Emergency heat and generators during restoration
- Reconstruction services
- Insurance claim assistance
If your property has experienced damage from a storm, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford.
As Connecticut Prepares to Reopen, We Offer A Fresh Start
As Connecticut cautiously reopens, we are here to help!
We are here and ready to aid you in your time of need, providing cleaning services so your facility can be cleaned and ready to resume business.
Our team is available to sanitize area businesses such as:
We know that one size does not fit all when it comes to cleaning a business. We offer one time sanitization services so that businesses can reopen with a clean slate as well as regularly scheduled maintenance cleaning to support efforts to slow the spread of Covid-19 as customers flow through your building.
We also understand that as we move through this process of reopening, unforeseen situations may arise. Please know that we are here to help you navigate whatever lies ahead.
As Connecticut Businesses Prepare to Reopen, SERVPRO is Here to Help
SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford is here to help Woodbridge area businesses open their doors!
Connecticut business owners are relieved to hear that they will be able to start opening in a few weeks. And customers are sure to flock to the hair salons, restaurants with outdoor seating and shops after months of being shut-in. Business owners do have concerns about keeping their places of business clean and sanitary and their employees safe during this transition.
SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford offers cleaning services to help business owners keep their structures sanitary. We first clean, then disinfect (with a hospital grade disinfectant) when cleaning a commercial space. Cleaning removes the soil and dirt that harbors the infectious agents, while disinfecting kills the remaining environmental pathogens.
Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar type organisms to COVID-19. We use fogging machines to disperse SERVPROXIDE tthroughout a structure, providing an affordable way for businesses to be sanitized.
SERVPROXIDE™, SERVPRO’s proprietary disinfectant, is a hospital-grade disinfectant that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to SARS-CoV-2 on hard, non-porous surfaces. In addition, SERVPROXIDE™ currently has dozens of EPA-approved claims including Feline coronavirus, Canine coronavirus, Staphylococcus (MRSA), E. coli, Salmonella, Rotavirus, Swine flu (H1N1) and more.
The CDC encourages the cleaning of high touch surfaces. In a commercial setting, this list includes:
- Shelves and Racks
- Displays and Mannequins
- Packaged Inventory
- Fitting Room Stalls, Chairs and Walls
- Doorknobs, Light Switches and Lamps
- Carpets and Hard Flooring
- Computers, Telephones and Registers
- Bathrooms, Toilets and Changing Tables
- Sales Counters
- Elevator Cars. Handrails and Escalators
- Playground and Fitness Equipment
- Lockers and Water Fountains
It is important to note that while proactive cleaning can help remove existing contamination, it will not prevent or protect the building from future contamination if an infected person was to enter and occupy the building.
Call us at 203-301-0500 to discuss how we can help your business.
Small Kitchen Fires Can Leave a Big Stink in Your Home
There are times when we enter a home that has had a fire and there is little visible evidence of damage other than a blackened kitchen range. However, in these cases the lingering smoke odor can be a big problem.
"Oh well", a homeowner might think, "I’ll just light a candle or spray some air freshener and eventually the smell will be gone. No need to go through the trouble of professional cleaning."
If you’ve ever tried to remove smoke odor on your own, however, you know that this is not an easy task. Smoke can penetrate both hard and soft surfaces, including wood floors, carpeting and even infiltrate the cavity behind walls, leaving the home with a smoky smell for years.
The professional restoration efforts of SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford ensures that the smoke damage is neutralized completely, with no scent at all left behind. Our team has a number of ways in which it accomplishes the neutralization of odorous molecules. One tool in our arsenal is the fogging machine. This chemical fog applied has no scent, but it reacts with smoke damage on a molecular level and nullifies them entirely. Ozone machines with HEPA filters are also utilized for deodorizing your home. This machine cleans the air of the foul lingering odor and removes any harmful molecules that might also still be around following your recent fire.
Don’t suffer in a smelly home after you’ve had a small kitchen fire. Our team is trained and experienced in fire damage restoration and ready to make it “Like it never even happened.”