Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Many of the homes and businesses that we perform mold remediation work on in the Orange, CT area have mold due to a pipe or appliance leak that goes unnoticed or a water damage event that was not professionally cleaned up. It doesn't take long- as little as 48 hours- for mold to become a big problem. If you notice musty smells, suspicious black stains on your walls or are experiencing an unexplained illness, you may be asking yourself whether mold is the cause.
If you suspect that you have mold in your home or business, give our office a call to schedule an inspection. Our specialists have the training, equipment and experience to best determine whether mold remediation is necessary. While you are waiting for your inspection, we have some tips that you can follow to reduce your exposure to mold any further.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (203) 301-0500
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities: