Steps To Help Minimize Your Risk To Mold In Your Home
Steps to help minimize your risk to mold in your home:
- Caulk around water fixtures – this includes, sink, shower, toilet, and windows.
- Use mold inhibiting paints in bathroom and other damp areas
- Use a fan in the bathroom which exhausts outdoors
- Vent clothes dryer outside
- Clean refrigerator and air conditioner drip pans
- Don’t for get to clean your gutters – standing water in your gutters can leak into the eaves and potentially exterior walls.
- Roof – check the attic for roof leaks
- Basement and crawl space – check for moisture or standing water. Consider using a dehumidifier in your basement.
- Consider sealing dirt basement and crawl spaces.
- Water damage - clean it up immediately.
Should you experience a water loss please contact experts who specializes in water & mold mitigation. They will properly extract and dry out the affected areas. Even minor floods have the potential to cause major damage to a structure when not treated properly. Cleanup can often be an overwhelming task, so call SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford, we are prepared to handle any size disaster.