10 Things to Know About Mold
10 Things to Know About Mold:
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), there are 10 things you should know about mold:
- Potential health effects.
- No practical way to eliminate mold; the best way is through moisture control.
- If mold becomes a problem, you must clean up mold and eliminate the source of moisture.
- To prevent mold growth, find the source and fix the issue.
- Reduce indoor humidity by venting bathrooms, dryers and other moisture sources outside. Use air conditioners and de-humidifiers.
- Clean and dry damp or wet materials quickly to prevent mold growth.
- Should mold be present, clean surfaces with detergent and dry completely. Materials like ceiling tiles, sheet rock and etc, should be replaced.
- Prevent condensation.
- In areas where there is a moisture problem, do not install carpeting.
- Mold can be found almost anywhere and can grow on just about anything.
For more information on mold visit www.epa.gov.